Eustoma - flowers that look like roses
What to do when, on the one hand, you want to get away from traditions, on the other, choose a spectacular composition that would look solid and expensive? In this case, it is worth taking a closer look at flowers that look like roses, which at all times were considered a win-win option for different occasions.
To whom and when to give eustoma?
A bouquet of eustoma can be presented absolutely for any holiday and just like that, for no reason. Lisianthus, or eustoma, is an amazingly beautiful flower, the meaning of which is interpreted differently in different peoples. For some, it means tenderness and sophistication, for others it symbolizes a talisman against troubles and hardships.
What does Lisianthus / Eustoma flower mean?
Lisianthus / Eustoma is a powerful symbol, especially in the modern sense. This flower means: Wish for a long and happy life. Peace and contentment with what you already have. Gratitude for the peace and joy in our lives. Sincere emotions towards someone else. Friendliness and congeniality. Charisma and charm. Admiration, support. Kindness towards others and yourself. The desire to be more open.
How to care for a bouquet to make it last longer?
When purchasing blue, purple, pink, white flowers, similar to roses, the name of which is already known – eustoma, you need to provide them with proper care. For this you need:
- Cut off the ends of the stems obliquely, remove the leaves from the bottom, which will be below the water level.
- Put the plants in cool water, bottled, spring, filtered, settled tap water will do.
- Add special agents that extend the life of flowers – thanks to the additives, the smallest buds will open, the eustoma will remain fresh twice as long.
- The solution should be changed regularly and the vase should be rinsed as the plant is sensitive to bacteria.
- The flower quickly evaporates water, for this reason it is undesirable to place it in the sun or near heating devices.
Depending on the degree of maturity of the flowers, the correct care, feeding, the decorative effect of a bouquet with lisianthus will last from 7 to 14 days.
Our bouquets with eustoma
The elegant flowers of double varieties of eustoma resemble rose flowers, so the “folk” names of Irish, French, Japanese, Chinese, Mexican rose are firmly entrenched in it.
Its other name is “prairie bell”, in nature it grows in Mexico, the American states of Texas, Colorado, Nebraska and in the northern part of South America.